It’s pretty simple and within a few days, you’ll have this down.
- Hot Coffee (umm it is a coffee latte)
- Pumpkin Spice Syrup (I recommend: No.21 Pumpkin Pie Latte Syrup)
- Choice of Dairy (or non dairy). I use what I have – half&half, cream, skim — whatever you fancy.
- Maple Syrup
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
1) Brew your coffee as you normally would. My pot makes 10 oz individual cups.
2) While the coffee is still hot add 3-4 tablespoons of the Pumpkin Latte Syrup and mix until it dissolves.
3) In a small pot, heat up the dairy (or non-dairy) mixture of your choosing with 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup on low heat (you’re aiming just to warm it up). This mixture should be about 1/3 ratio to your coffee. It also depends how frothy you want this.
4) I remove the pot from the stove and (VERY) carefully use an immersion blender to froth my warm dairy mixture. Warning: this usually does splash around. If the mixture is too hot, you may need to leave it stand a little. Also make sure the pot is deep enough to avoid splashing.
5) Using a spoon to separate the froth, pour the dairy mixture into your coffee. I usually spoon the frothy part on last and then either add whipped cream for an extra rich beverage or just sprinkle a little pumpkin pie spice on top. (Cinnamon and Nutmeg can be used in place — it’s basically the same thing).
*I plan to try out some variations of this recipe to make it iced or in frapp form. Once I perfect it, I will share with you! I’ll also post photos.